Monday, April 24, 2017

I miss you

I miss you. I don't even know your name or who you are. All I know is that I miss you. Your absence has left a void in my life. I want to pick up the phone and call you but I don't have a number to dial. I want to meet you in a park and take a walk before we head over to the local coffee shop. When I'm sad I want to feel your comfort. When I'm happy I want to share with you my joy. I want to do life with you.
Whoever you are.
I miss you so deeply that my heart aches. In the pit of my soul I pine for you. I haven't even read a single page of your life story yet I long to memorize every line. I yearn to listen to the tales of your past and hear about your dreams for the future. I crave your quirks and characteristics that make you, you.
There is a place in my life that only you can fill. It is a special space carved out for you and you alone. I know it is there because God put it there. He made me with you in mind. When He formed me in my innermost being He left a place for you to reside. In my heart He created a desire and that desire is you.
Over and over again I have told myself that I don't miss you. I have done my best to deny the aching hole in my heart by pretending it doesn't exist. I've asked God to fill my void with a different desire but He has yet to grant my request and I doubt He ever will because I was created to desire you and made to miss you.
You, even the absence of you, are part of God's plan for my life. By missing you I am learning to love and appreciate you. God has designed this desire in me for you and set aside this time for it to go unfulfilled for a purpose. In it He is showing me how to love you and fanning the flames of my devotion to you. God is showing me that my missing you isn't going away. It shouldn't go away because my desire is going to be fulfilled.
One day, some day soon, I will no longer need to miss you. This void inside of me will be filled to the overflowing with your love and companionship. I will pick up the phone and call you. We will go for walks and drink copious amounts of coffee. We will cry together, laugh together and pray together. Soon, very soon, I know you are going to walk into my life and take away my missing. In the blink of an eye, with a simple hello, you will sweep in and fulfill this God-given desire placed in me especially for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment