Monday, September 18, 2017

BREAKING NEWS!

BREAKING NEWS!
...
I'm growing out my hair.

For my faithful and longtime Pippy Love readers you'll recall that this is not my first breaking hair news. About a year ago I made a stunning announcement about a pixie cut and confirmed the news with a picture. (For those who would like a refresher on my hair journey you can read Pixie Perfect here.) The decision to cut off my hair was made in haste but I was pleased with the results and for the past year I have happily embraced my new look. So why the change in hair style direction, you may ask? The answer is quite simple...faith. After all, faith is what sparked the cutting of my hair in the first place.
Back last year I was living under the cloud of Multiple Sclerosis and a lifetime of disease management. I wasn't thinking about full healing or ever regaining the full functioning of my body. I had decided to accept the reality of a lifetime of downhill progression and choose joy in the face of sorrow. I would praise God in the face of pain. I would cut off my hair and rock a pixie cut in the face of dramatically thinning hair!
But then, six months ago, the heavy MS cloud full of healing hopelessness lifted from overhead. In its place Lyme Disease has descended with the hope of true and total physical healing, down to the very hairs on my head.
The hope of God's healing hair restoration has sparked in my mind's eye visions of my face draped in longer hair. I can see myself wearing a bouncy pony-tail again. With a renewed promise for healing has come the glorious hope of fuller, thicker, healthier, hair. Hair more lustrous than ever before! Health more abundant, vibrant and beautiful than ever before!
Right now my hair is at an awkward stage of growth and my body isn't at its most favorable stage of regeneration. But these stages shall pass. The uneven, split end stage of my hair's regrowth will pass. The aches and pains of my body's regeneration will pass. Exhaustion and an unattractive hairdo are just part of the healing journey but they are not the final destination.
Soon, very soon, I trust that God is going to make visible the reality of my body's inner restoration. I believe He is about to reveal His healing with weight on my bones, strength in my muscles and even hairs on my head.
My faith is in my Great Physician. My hope is in His will and power to heal and I'm declaring from the depths of my soul to the very hairs on my head:
I TRUST AND BELIEVE GOD IS WORKING IN MY BODY  TO BRING ABOUT TOTAL, FULL AND COMPLETE RESTORATION AND HEALING!

No comments:

Post a Comment