Friday, September 20, 2013

DOMS

Depending on my own stamina...
I am weak...
I am frail...
I fall down and I'm slow to get up....
I'm quick to anger and slow to forgive....
I'm a terrible listener and far too forgetful....
I'm self-centered and self-involved....
I lack humility but have an abundance of pride....
I am a liar and a cheat...
I am a lover of money, a pursuer of all things material....
I am disobedient and rebellious....
I want to quit early and come in late...
I am lustful and envious...
I am easily frustrated....
I curse, steal and deceive...
I am short on love but long on judgement...

But God has broken me.
He has broken my stamina and destroyed my self-reliance. He has taken my self-dependence and stomped on it with His mighty strength. He has revealed my sinful ways. He has shined a light on the darkness of my heart. He has crushed my rebellion and called out my disobedience.
He loves me that much.
His love is so great that He wouldn't let me wander lost. He came and found me. He had to pull me off my path of destruction. But he went out of His way so He could do that just that. He grabbed my arm, captured my soul and showed me the disastrous life I was living. He showed me how a life devoid of Him was no life at all. It was going through the motions, but it wasn't living. It was just making it, not thriving. Without him my life was doomed, with no hope of an eternity in heaven, no future beyond the grave. Without His saving grace I was nothing but a lousy sinner. Period, end of story.
But with Him, my worst became His best. My darkest corners became filled with brightest of light - His light. The ugliest parts of my soul became beautiful. He transformed me. He took me upon His shoulders because I was too weak to carry myself. I could never make myself holy. I couldn't make myself whole. Only through Christ could salvation of my soul be found.

Now I am a new creation. I am restored and rebuilt. I am nothing like the girl I used to be and I'm not yet the woman I am destined to become. But God is doing a continual work in my heart. He is constantly refining me to become more like Him and less like the sinful mess I used to be.

Depending on my Savior I am forgiven...
I am free...
I am filled with His love...
I am living by grace...
I am walking by faith...
I am calling on the Lord for my patience...
I am asking God to teach me forgiveness and mercy...
I am learning to listen...
I am releasing my judgements and frustrations...
I am focusing on Jesus Christ...
I am praying to be filled with the Holy Spirit...
I am choosing obedience...
I am searching God's heart and His wisdom...
I am speaking the words of truth...
I am reading the promises of God...
I am surrounding myself with beauty and light...

Only through Christ. Only by the power of the Holy Spirit. Only by the Almighty Hand of God.
Only by Depending On My Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment