Monday, July 3, 2017

A Psalm of Sorts

The Spirit of Christ compels me to choose victory over defeat...
To decisively live full of joy instead of sorrow...
To constantly claim healing in spite of pain....To purposefully take captive the light of restoration and flee from the darkness of destruction.

The Word of the Lord instructs me to claim life over death...
To willingly surrender and let God take up my fight...
To acknowledge my weakness and choose Christ's strength...
To reach up from my lowest and grab hold of faith in His Highest.

The voice of God tells me to trust and not worry...
To step into His rest and lay down in His peace...
To find security in His comfort and contentment in His companionship...
To accept forgiveness by His grace and redemption by His mercy.

Although I do not always choose according to Christ's Spirit, He relentlessly pursues my heart...
Even when I do not boldly claim the Lord's everlasting life, He continues to offer salvation for my soul...
When I do not immediately heed the voice of God, He still speaks to my Spirit.

I do not always choose what I must, claim what I should and obey as I ought but God is always gracious to forgive...
Always eternal in patience....
Always everlasting in mercy...
Always abounding in endless love.


I am the Lords...
He has chosen and made me...
He has tethered me to His love and bound me to His heart...
And He won't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment