Monday, November 14, 2011

Come!.....or not

I have a theory. Pippy gets a thrill out of NOT coming when I call her. She could come - in fact, I think she has even considered it a few times. But she is as stubborn as a mule. She has her mind made up that the word "come" will never have its way with her. I could call out"Pippy, come" while dangling a 20 pound turkey and I swear that dog wouldn't move a muscle. "Come" applies to every other dog on the planet except Pippy. Apparently she believes she is above all of this doggie obedience nonsense! She is a dog with an independent streak the size of the Pacific. If she could talk I think she'd ask, "Who do you think you are telling me to come? Psshhh, You come!" The amazing thing is she doesn't even have to talk. The dead stare and occasional head tilt speak volumes. She is not coming and that is final.

No comments:

Post a Comment