Saturday, October 28, 2017

Holy Broken


Smash....the force was too powerful...
Crack... the weight was too much...
Pop....the pressure was too great...

It all happened so quickly. The lumbers shifted and discs slipped. In an instant my back became broken.
Ever since that moment in time my life has never been the same. Pain entered in and it has never departed. Years of damage have degenerated into unrelenting agony. Day and night, I am plagued with the physical torment of my spine's affliction. In the grips of such severe pain I become tempted to cry out in misery and curse my broken body.
As tears well up in my eyes my glance is taken upward and what I behold up ahead is the vision of Calvary.
In the shadow of such glory my lament is silenced. At the foot of the cross I fall to my knees where I am bathed in the light of my Savior, body broken for me. 

Jesus Christ, the perfect Lamb of God, was crucified for my transgressions. The Son of God willingly took up my cross and carried it on His sinless spine. His precious, blameless back endured the burning pain of my traitorous rebellion. His discs and joints bore the weight of my guilt and shame. The evil of my offenses pierced His body and produced in His soul the deepest agony and anguish.
It was my sin that broke the back of Christ.  

"But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins."
 (Isaiah 53:5) 
The perfect, sinless, Son of God broke on the Cross to set me free. With cleansing in His redemptive blood He washed away my eternal anguish. In His mighty resurrection He claimed everlasting, eternal victory.

"He was beaten so we could be whole. 
He was whipped so we could be healed."

 (Isaiah 53:5)

At the foot of the cross I am broken.
Holy broken by my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 



No comments:

Post a Comment