Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Twists and turns

The road I have taken probably looks nonsensical to you. It might look erratic and confused. I've taken so many turns, went in circles and ended up back at the beginning again. I made false starts and ran into dead ends. I traveled down roads with NO OUTLET signs and lost the well worn path a time or two. My journey has not been conventional. It has not followed a well worked out plan. Points A, B, and C haven't been logically plotted out and certainly not reached in any standard, explainable order.
But I don't expect you to look at the course of my life and understand it. In fact, I expect you to look at it as pure foolishness. I would too if I were you.
The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 1:18, "The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God."
My path looks crazy, possibly even brainless, to those that are looking at it through human eyes. If all you are using to examine my life is your own understanding then you will certainly find me silly, border line idiotic. 
...You moved to Florida for a few months then decided that you weren't meant to be there and came back home?
 ....You started a job and left it within weeks? 
....You were engaged and then that got called off, too? 
What do you stick to? What sense does any of your life make? You jump around like a Mexican jumping bean, seemingly with no purpose or direction. 
I understand your thoughts. I can't blame you for having them. But I must respectfully disagree with your assessment of me.
Yes, my path has been sporadic, filled with sudden twists and turns. It's been up and down, back and forth enough to leave a girl winded and whip-blashed. Yet, I would never call this journey nonsensical.  And I wouldn't dream of calling it irrational or stupid. Instead I would call it divine. 
I haven't planned my road. I haven't known what was coming next. But God has. He has plotted out each point on my map and knows the very best way to get me there. If I evaluate this journey through my limited human scope then yes, this path looks a little nutty. Why so many starts and stops? How do all of the turns end up getting us to a desirable final destination?
God isn't limited to human eyesight. His vision is Holy; it is heavenly and He sees what you and I can't. 
When my journey looks like it isn't going anywhere, when it looks like a dog chasing its tail, I have the peace and promises of God to hold onto. He has my future in the palm of his hands. The world won't get it. To them it will look foolish. But I am not to look at this journey through the eyes of the world. I am to look through God's eyeglasses. 
So call me crazy. Or call me weird. That's okay by me. Because I'm not living by the standards of this world. I'm not aligning myself to stay in lock step with the rest of the world. I am allowing God to plot my points and pave the way.
 So call it utter foolishness. Call it irrational and looney. Call it crazy. But I'm going to call it the power of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment